A Review Article on Fin Field Effect Transistors Technology
There are numerous types of transistors we have studied. Beyond them, here, we have discussed an exhaustive type of Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET), that is, Fin Field Effect Transistor (FinFET). Basically, we have reviewed the most demanding and promising type of Field Effect Transistor, that allows as an exclusive easy execution of transistor applications and simulation, both in digital and analog functions. So as to improve the execution and power capability of semiconductor applications, FinFET can be implemented over bulk MOSFET and are also encouraging FETs that can perform ideally over 32 nanometers technology. And due to these, as an issue of the Short Channel Effects (SCEs) can be overcome. Through multi gate FinFET designs, bulk CMOS circuits can be implemented effectively. We will see structures, different types and their classifications and some digital circuits designed by using FinFET.
2. Hu, C. (1996, December). Gate oxide scaling limits and projection. In International Electron Devices Meeting (pp. 319-322).
3. Pal, R. S., Sharma, S., & Dasgupta, S. (2017, March). Recent trend of FinFET devices and its challenges: A review. In 2017 Conference on Emerging Devices and Smart Systems (ICEDSS) (pp. 150-154). IEEE.
4. Wikipedia, FinFET.
5. Wong, H. S., Frank, D. J., & Solomon, P. M. (1998, December). Device design considerations for double-gate, ground-plane, and single-gated ultra-thin SOI MOSFET's at the 25 nm channel length generation. In International Electron Devices Meeting 1998. Technical Digest (Cat. No. 98CH36217) (pp. 407-410). IEEE.
6. Auth, C. (2012, September). 22-nm fully-depleted tri-gate CMOS transistors. In Proceedings of the IEEE 2012 Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
7. Rajprabu, R., Arun Raj, V., & Rajnarayanan, R. (2013). Performance Analysis of CMOS and FinFET Logic. IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing (IOSR-JVSP), 2(1), 1-6.
8. Arora, S., Dutta, U., & Sharma, V. K. A Noise Tolerant and Low Power Dynamic Logic Circuit Using Finfet Technology.
9. Subramanian, V. (2010). Multiple gate field-effect transistors for future CMOS technologies. IETE Technical review, 27(6), 446-454.
10. Bhattacharya, D., & Jha, N. K. (2014). FinFETs: From devices to architectures. Advances in Electronics, 2014.
11. Alioto, M. (2010). Comparative evaluation of layout density in 3T, 4T, and MT FinFET standard cells. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 19(5), 751-762.
12. Jurczak, M., Collaert, N., Veloso, A., Hoffmann, T., & Biesemans, S. (2009, October). Review of FINFET technology. In 2009 Ieee International Soi Conference (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
13. Duffy, R., & Shayesteh, M. (2011, January). FinFET doping; material science, metrology, and process modeling studies for optimized device performance. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1321, No. 1, pp. 17-22). AIP.